Pages

Burma Bound.


January 31st, 2013



     A week ago, I put a deposit on the bike I intend to purchase for The Happy Ride. Its a 2003 Honda Africa Twin. It was exciting, knowing that I was actually going to ride a motorcycle across Asia. A riveting psychedelic ride across the largest landmass on earth. A journey, born of wanderlust, shrouded in mysterious places yet to be visited. I've backpacked around the globe enough times that I know trips like this still exist, but these days, you have to seek them out. The trail is full of travelers; the world is losing its mystique. However, I know the trip I'm looking for is out there. 

      The paperwork on the big bike will take 6 weeks to process. While that happens I'm heading to Burma. I'm still lost as to the specifics of what The Happy Ride will be. All I know its that it will be piloted by a journeyman, a wanderer, a sojourner to otherworldly realms. I can't wait to get back out there. From what I've read, Burma is just what I need. I'm stuck trying to figure out the plot of The Happy Ride; its methods and messages. It's high time I stepped out of the way and simply let it happen.